Sunday, October 17, 2010

X Factor or Strictly

OK so this little piece was prompted by observing my twitter account last night as I watched an earlier recording of Strictly whilst X Factor was showing live. Now this is the first year that Lesley and I have watched Strictly, and not watched X Factor, and I have to say I personally find Strictly much more enjoyable and fun, and less exploitative as well!

I follow a few people related to cricket and Jazz, as well a range of other people, and I observed that almost without exception they were tweeting about X factor, and very little about Strictly. So I have developed the following theory, which is that those people who spent their childhoods striving and working hard to achieve their dreams, can relate much more to the dream-chasing represented on X Factor, where as on Strictly it is much more about all ready successful people challenging themselves to do something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment